A Healthy Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Prevent Alzheimer’s – Here’s What You Need To Do
You might have grown up hearing that Alzheimer’s is an old-age disease.
Well, contrary to popular misconception, Alzheimer’s can strike someone at just about any age. In fact, statistics reveal that about 6 million Americans from all age groups are currently struggling with the disease.
For those who aren’t quite familiar with the disease, Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia. It is an illness of the brain that slowly destroys brain cells and ends up taking your life. In the U.S., the rate of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia is increasing on a daily basis, which is why it is about time we figured out ways to prevent this life-taking illness.
How is Alzheimer’s Caused?
To this day, doctors remain unsure about what causes Alzheimer’s. However, what they were able to calculate is that in 99% of the cases, tau and amyloid found inside the skull have a close association with Alzheimer’s. Additionally, for the other 1%, you have 3 genes that are able to determine whether you will suffer from Alzheimer’s or not. All three genes have close relations with amyloid-beta production, which happens to most likely be the cause of Alzheimer’s.
How To Prevent Alzheimer’s?
Alzheimer’s is an illness that can most definitely be prevented, for the most part.
Here’s what one needs to do to prevent it themselves:
1. Eat a Mediterranean Diet
The Mediterranean diet has proven to have blocked out or slowed down the progress of Alzheimer’s. This diet includes foods such as fruits and veggies, olive oil, whole grains, fish, nuts, legumes, eggs, dairy, and only a little amount of red meat.
The best way to avoid having the risk of developing Alzheimer’s is by exercising. It has also been noticed to slow down the progress of Alzheimer’s for people who already have symptoms. Experts recommend exercising at least four times a week for 30 minutes. Moderately vigorous aerobic exercise is also recommended.
3. Get Proper Sleep
Research is continuously pointing to the fact that an improved sleeping schedule helps avoid Alzheimer’s and has some sort of association with better amyloid clearance in the brain. A person should sleep for a minimum of seven hours during the night.
Opting for a healthier lifestyle does not only help with preventing Alzheimer’s, but it also helps with other chronic problems. For example, reducing your intake of alcohol can help lower the risk of cancers such as breast cancer.
Overall, it is just the best option to live a healthy lifestyle because it is beneficial in all aspects rather than only for Alzheimer’s.
More in Lifestyle
How Much Money Does It Take To Be Considered Wealthy In The U.S.?
The United States is a large and diverse country with big regional variances and even noticeable differences from one city to...July 31, 2022
All You Need To Know About The Cost Of Living
When you pay your monthly bills, you probably notice that certain expenses rarely change by much. This list includes things like...July 23, 2022
Ways You Can Upscale Your Freelancing Career
According to a 2021 Freelance Forward Report by the Upwork platform, nearly 59 million Americans are getting employment through freelancing. For...July 17, 2022
How Pakistan Is Dealing With Wealth Inequality That Prevails In The Country
It is very important that the government must intervene to address the wealth inequality in Pakistan. Relying on markets and competition...June 27, 2022
A Tech Bust? Goodbye To The Good Times In Silicon Valley
Have you ever visited a party, only to see the guests starting to leave? Although the music is playing and the food...June 13, 2022
2 Best Budget Influencers & Bloggers to Follow in 2022
Budgeting is by far the most important factor in life. Whether you are a 9 to 5 worker or a solopreneur,...May 24, 2022
Tips For Business Moguls
To succeed in business today, you need to be flexible and have good planning and organizational skills. Many people start a...May 12, 2022
How to Take Back Control Over Your Finances When Everything Else Is Falling Apart
The widespread disruption to normal life caused by the coronavirus pandemic not only halted the social lives of Americans but also...May 7, 2022
Why It’s Important to Know EXACTLY What Your Job Title Entails
Job titles and descriptions serve as a way for applicants and eventual hires to have a clear idea of what kind...April 27, 2022
You must be logged in to post a comment Login